What are dark circles?
Dark circles under your eyes are caused due to a lack of blood flow. This happens when the blood vessels under the eyes are inflamed or blocked. In other words, when the blood vessels under your eyes swell up, then dark circles occur. Dark circles are also due to lack of oxygen in the blood, which can be due to lack of sleep and travelling too much.
Causes of dark circles:
Your eyes suffer a lot of light all the time. Dark circles under your eyes might be the cause of this. Most of us cannot avoid bright sunlight, but we can protect our eyes from looking red by using the following things:
1. Use sunscreen on your eyes before stepping out.
2. Make sure to use your phone less and use screen filters.
3. Go for a dark-shaded eyeshadow.
4. Use eye creams containing Vitamin E to avoid dark circles and puffiness under your eyes.
Tips for lightening dark circles: To lighten dark circles under your eyes, follow these steps.
1. Always sleep without makeup brush your lashes.
2. Sleeping without makeup will open your eyes and make it easier to apply makeup.
3. Go out in the sun Sunlight helps precise dark circles.
Dark Circles Under Eyes Treatment:Wash your face thoroughly without removing any makeup. Pat dry with a soft clean towel. Apply a little lukewarm water. This helps open the pores. Massage your face with your fingertips in a clockwise direction. Apply some witch hazel or any other mild astringent face toner to help you get rid of dead skin cells.
The best home remedies for dark circles:Commonly, you do not want to have dark circles under your eyes as it is a sign of ageing and a sign that you have damaged your eye health. Use these home remedies:
Vitamin A:The deficiency of Vitamin A is a common cause of eye discolouration. People who have less Vitamin A tend to show discolouration in the whites of their eyes. For this, you can take vitamin A capsules and extract them. You can apply this to the area of your eyes affected by dark circles.
Water:Packed with vitamins and minerals, drinking water can help in reducing dark circles under the eyes.
Cucumber and coconut oil:Massage your eyes with these oils, and you will get rid of dark circles.
Rose Water:Apply rose water regularly on your eyes. It is a natural skin toner that will improve the health of your eyes.
Cold tea bags:Use green or black tea bags soaked in hot water for 10 minutes and then chilled in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Cold compress:Apply a cold compress on your eyes in the morning or evening.
Tomatoes:Mix tomato juice with lemon juice and then apply on to your eyes with cotton. Apply for 10 minutes on your eyes and then wash it with warm water.
Cold Milk:Soak a cotton ball into the cold milk and apply on to your eyes. Apply it for 10 minutes, then rinse it thoroughly.
Orange juice:Apply orange juice with glycerin on your eyes.
Potatoes:Make the potato juice and apply it to your eyes with cotton. Leave it for 10 minutes, and then rinse your eyes with warm water.
How to apply the remedies:
1. Apply a little olive oil on the affected area, and then roll it into a softball with the help of your hands. Place the ball under your eyes and leave it there for half an hour.
2. Get your hands wet, and then massage the skin with peppermint oil. Now, press the oil in your face and apply it for another 15 minutes.
3. Wash it off with water. Repeat this remedy thrice a day for the desired results.
Korean Home Remedies for Dark Circles:They use plenty of water in their diet. They use a cold spoon to rub their eyes. The best remedy that they use they do a lot of eye exercise, which is helpful to reduce the dark circles.